Numerical tools for complex chemistry simulations: the open source CANTERA solver
Deadline for registration: 15 days before the starting date of each training
Duration : 1 day / (7 hours)
CANTERA is an open source software, comparable to the CHEMKIN or COSILAB simulation tools, currently used for applications including used for applications including combustion, detonations, plasmas… Participants will get an overview of what it is possible to do with CANTERA, from the installation of the code with insights on its architecture and underlying methods to hands-on sessions enabling script generation and testing.
Objective of the training
This training session provides the participants with an introduction to CANTERA, a suite of object-oriented software tools for problems involving chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, and/or transport processes.
On completion of this course, you will be able to :
- Install CANTERA software,
- to use the Python interface of CANTERA,
- to program your own kinetics simulations that use small or reduced reaction mechanisms,
- to generate a CANTERA input file from CHEMKIN input files,
- to compare different chemistries.
This training session is for engineers, combustionists, physicists, and students who wish to learn how to use an efficient and free software for problems involving chemical kinetics.
Firstly, in order to follow this course, you need to have:
- knowledge of Unix commands.
- basic knowledge of Python.
To verify that the prerequisites are satisfied, the following questionnaires must be completed. You need to get at least 75% of correct answers in order to be authorized to follow this training session. If you don’t succeed it, your subscription will not be validated. You only have two chances to complete them.
Questionnaire 1 : https://forms.gle/xPMXz2Snc7KBQiPG8
Questionnaire 2 : https://forms.gle/tgfKkoSy1H6SPhg86
Secondly, you need to have followed the online course “Fundamentals of Turbulent Combustion” organized by Cerfacs or at least live lessons on combustion.
Scientific contact : Eleonore RIBER
- Trainees/PhDs/PostDocs : 70 €
- CERFACS shareholders/CNRS/INRIA : 200 €
- Public : 400 €
(From 9h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 17h30)
- 9h00-11h00 : What is Cantera ? History – presentation – a bit about the governing equations – Structure of the code and Python interface presentation
- 11h00-12h30: Organization of a script – First Hands on
- Hands-on (Equilibrium – Closed Vessels – Free Flame – Counterflow Flame)
A final exam will be conducted during the training.
No content defined in the sidebar.